BioVectra’s API facility at the Airport Business Park is optimally located for our manufacturing operations. While our location is secluded enough from Charlottetown’s urban encroachment allowing for both expansion and unhindered operation, it is at the same time, only a few minutes to downtown which makes meeting and entertaining clients very effortless.

The convenience of essentially being on the Trans-Canada and adjacent to the only commercial airport in Prince Edward Island increases our efficiency in providing high quality services and products to our global customer base. The Charlottetown Airport Authority has made significant infrastructure investments in the business park, benefitting both current and future tenants. They are fully committed to the growth and success of the Airport Business Park.

Ron Keefe
President & Chief Executive Officer
BioVectra Inc.

Latest News Items

New Airport Business Park Tenant – Adrok
more >

Aviation Avenue Upgrade and Servicing
more >

Aerospace Tax Rebate Program Extension Announcement
more >

BioVectra Press Releases

Useful Links

Development Approval Process

The Charlottetown Airport Authority assists potential tenants in realizing their development opportunities. Their professional management staff can navigate a potential tenant’s project from concept to completion. The CAA provides customer-focused approaches to a tenant’s development needs.  There are four consecutive steps to successfully approve the development plans: Land Use Approval, Building Permit, Facility Alteration Permit, and Legal Documents.

Step #1: Land Use Approval    

The initial step in the development approval process is to obtain land use approval from the CAA, NAV Canada, and the City of Charlottetown.

Charlottetown Airport Authority Component

A Land Use Proposal detailing the scope of the proposed project should be submitted to the CAA for review. This is the initial formal step in the approval process. A copy of the Land Use Proposal form can be obtained by contacting the CAA.

NAV Canada Component

NAV Canada land use approval is required. Their procedures and Land Use Proposal Submission Form can be retrieved from their web page at www.navcanada.ca and navigating to their land use program. The CAA can assist in the NAV Canada land use approval process. The land use proposal submission form must be submitted to NavCanada with all required information including drawings. Freely available programs such as Google earth-based graphics (www.googleearth.ca) can be used to illustrate the proposed project.  When approved, NAV Canada will advise directly and send a copy to CAA.

City of Charlottetown Component

Consultation with the City of Charlottetown at the outset of the project will establish communication and identify any potential zoning regulations that may impact the project.

Step #2: Building Permit

Prior to construction, approval from City of Charlottetown in the form of a valid Building Permit is required.  The CAA can assist in coordinating this approval process and discussing the project scope with its counterparts in the City of Charlottetown Planning Department. A copy of the approved Building Permit is to be provided to the CAA. 

Step #3: Facility Alteration Permit

A Facility Alteration Permit (FAP) must be approved by the CAA.  The FAP will include appropriate drawings, sketches and specifications to allow for operational and technical review of the proposal. The FAP shall include a site and project location plan; drawings of water, sewer, and electrical services, and voice and data transmission cables; storage tank information; building floor plan, elevations and details; building electrical and mechanical requirements; and other drawings and specifications as may be pertinent to the proposed work. A copy of the FAP form can be obtained by contacting the CAA. The granting of a FAP is contingent on an approved Building Permit from the City of Charlottetown.

Step #4: Legal Documents

A plot plan and legal description of the land (narrative) are required components of the land Lease. A Notice of Lease will be prepared by our lawyer and registered with the province. A signed Lease must be in place prior to commencement of any alteration to the land.